Ending the Budget Impasse
Illinois has gone over 700 days without a budget. This unprecedented budget impasse is hurting small businesses, non-profits, college students and many others.
Without the passage of a responsible budget by June 30th:
- The state’s credit rating will likely be reduced to junk
- Mega Millions and Powerball lotteries will drop Illinois
- “Powerball, Mega Millions to drop IL due to state’s budget crisis” via Chicago Sun-Times
- All construction projects statewide will be suspended
- “IDOT Could Halt Road Construction Due To State Budget Impasse” via CBS Chicago
It is time to take action!
The SBAC will be spreading our non-partisan message to the masses through a grassroots advocacy field campaign. Members, staff and volunteers will be canvassing to end the budget impasse at local events over the next six weeks.
There will be T-shirts and materials available for those able to join us. We expect our message and sincere concern about Illinois’ economy will resonate with the public.
- Demand local legislators push leadership to pass a responsible budget and make reforms that will revive Illinois’ economy.
- Demand legislators work together to end the budget impasse.
- Urge the legislators truly interested in ending this nonsense to be very vocal about the need to bring the impasse to an end.
We have strategically chosen these canvassing locations in Democratic and Republican districts.
|July 1||Park Ridge Farmers Market
8:00 am – 1:00 pm
|July 15||Safe Haven Run to End Homelessness
8:30 am – 1:00 pm
|July 28||Schaumburg Farmers Market
7:00 am – 1:00 pm
|August 6||Taste of Roselle
11:00 am – 8:00 pm
If you are interested in volunteering, please sign up online or email Advocacy Director Ryan Tolley at email@example.com
Become an SBAC Advocate to receive updates and action items!