SBAC is fighting for Small Business
The SBAC has established itself as an advocate for small business and consistently works to pass legislation laser-focused on improving the economic environment for the small business community.
The SBAC has formed powerful coalitions of chambers and trade organizations that actively work to advance non-partisan, common-sense, legislation on behalf of the small business community. Bringing together tens-of-thousands of small business owners, these coalitions speak with an increasingly strong voice.
Over the past several years, we have:
- Passed Intrastate Equity Crowdfunding in Illinois.
- Fought for constitutional pension reform proposals to strengthen the state’s fiscal health.
- Proposed common sense, non-partisan workers’ compensation reform.
- Worked to level the playing field for small and local businesses through the Marketplace Fairness Act.
- Drafted and pushed for legislation lowering the some of the highest LLC fees in the nation.
- Fought to ensure that large tax breaks are not arbitrarily awarded to companies threatening to leave the state at the expense of small businesses and Illinoisans.
- Fought to reform the way legislative districts are drawn so that politicians are not picking their voters in a partisan manner.
- Worked to reduce regulations that hurts small businesses without serving the public good.