Legislators and Coalition Members Rally to Support Lower LLC Filing Fees
- Several legislative sponsors of SB 2776 and members of the SBAC Coalition to Lower LLC Filing Fees held a press conference on Monday, April 14, 2014 in Chicago’s South Side to rally for lower LLC filing fees
- Those attending the press conference include Secretary of State Jesse White, bill sponsors Senator Heather Steans, Senator Tom Cullerton and Representative Elgie Sims, along with Johnny Blair with the Bronzeville Chamber of Commerce and Steven Bonica with the Romanian-American Network Foundation
- With the help and outreach of our members and the nearly 30 business
groups across the state that have joined our Coalition to Lower LLC
Filing Fees, SB 2776 lowering LLC filing fees from $500 to $39 (SB 2776
and HB 4361) has progressed to the Illinois House
- Click here to easily ask your legislators for support on this important issue or look for the LLC banner ad on our home page at www.sbacil.org.
SBAC to Launch SBAC Educational Portal at Advocacy Dinner and Awards Ceremony this Wednesday
- SBAC will be launching our new educational portal this week
- Help your business grow and succeed by finding educational events and webinars hosted by local business organizations and members across the Chicagoland area, business books authored by our members and essential small business resources all in one place
- If you provide educational business programming and/or resources and would like to share them on our site, please contact Kristin Tews at firstname.lastname@example.org
- Tune in to the SBAC web site for more information!
SBAC Now Venture Pitch Session scheduled for May 1
- Join us for another exciting pitch session featuring four diverse Chicagoland companies
- The pitch session, co-sponsored by MeetAdvisors.com, will be held at Arnstein and Lehr, located at 120 S Riverside Plaza, Suite 1200 in Chicago, on Thursday, May 1 from 5:30 to 8:30 p.m.
- We also welcome our guest speakers, Napoleon Harris, Illinois Senator, business owner and former Bears linebacker, and Chuck Templeton, founder of OpenTable, LLC
- Tickets are $20. Head over to our calendar or click here to learn more and register.
Save on Office Products with SBAC Office Depot Discount Program
- SBAC members can take advantage of great deals on office products through our Office Depot small business loyalty program
- Shop the way you like – online, by phone, by fax, in-store
- Save up to 30% off their “core list” of office products and up to 15% off top 10 selling papers and top 40 inks and toners
- Head over to www.sbacil.org and select MEMBER BENEFITS > SAVINGS PROGRAMS > OFFICE DEPOT PROGRAM to join and start cutting your overhead costs!