LLC Legislation Assigned to House Committee
- Senate Bill (SB) 2776 lowering LLC filing fees from $500 to $39 has been assigned to the Sales and Other Taxes Subcommittee of the Revenue and Finance Committee in the Illinois House
- SBAC CEO Elliot Richardson will travel to Springfield on May 1 to testify in support of the legislation
- The SBAC-inspired legislation passed the Illinois Senate without opposition and now must be passed by the Illinois House committee this Thursday to be voted on by the Illinois House
- Time is of the essence! Take just a couple minutes and click here to contact your state representative today via email to urge their support of this important legislation, or even better – call or stop by your representative’s office to talk with him or her about this bill.
- And, if your representative sits on the Revenue & Finance Committee (Representatives Bradley, Zalewski, Harris, McSweeney, Sosnowski, Sullivan and Turner), look for an email asking that you reach out and encourage your legislator to pass the bill out of committee.
SBAC Launches SBACed.com: your one-stop shop for all your small business education and resource needs
- SBAC has launched our new educational portal: www.SBACed.com
- Help your business grow and succeed by finding educational events
and webinars hosted by local business organizations and members across
the Chicagoland area, along with business books authored by our members
- Need to find resources to help your small business grow? Find
organizations in your area that provide what you need including hiring
incentives, one-on-one counseling, financing, training and more
- If you provide educational business programming and/or resources and
would like to share them on our site, please contact Kristin Tews at
Join us for another exciting venture pitch session featuring four diverse Chicagoland companies
- The venture pitch session, co-sponsored by MeetAdvisors.com, will be
held at Arnstein and Lehr, located at 120 S Riverside Plaza, on the 14th Floor, in Chicago, on Thursday, May 1 from 5:30 to 8:30 p.m.
- We also welcome our guest speakers, Napoleon Harris, Illinois
Senator, business owner and former NFL linebacker, and Chuck
Templeton, founder of OpenTable, LLC
- Presenters will include BrokerSavant, Occasion, Compatibility and Realync
- Advance tickets, including appetizers from Via Veneto, Baderbrau beer, wine and other refreshments, are $20. Head over to our calendar or click here to learn more and register.