SBAC pushing Equity Crowdfunding legislation to support small business access to affordable capital
- Small business drives our nationâ€™s economy and these companies must have access to capital to launch and grow
- The 2012 JOBS Act allows entrepreneurs and small businesses to raise funds and gather investors through equity crowdfunding, allowing investors at all levels to buy a stake in a company, rather than simply donate or lend money (through companies like Kickstarter)
- The JOBS Act requires the U.S Securities and Exchange Commission to write the rules for crowdfunding portals and clarifying how deals could be advertised to potential investors – but in over two years, the Commission still hasn’t issued the final rules outlining this process
- To ensure Illinois remains a center for entrepreneurship and innovation, the SBAC is partnering with the Illinois Policy Institute to support legislation adopting an intrastate equity crowdfunding platform allowing Illinois companies to sell equity to state residents through a crowdfunding platform.
SBAC Launches SBAC Now to Empower Small Business and Entrepreneurial Community
- The Small Business Advocacy Council (SBAC) has partnered with Mabbly to launch SBAC Now, a unique lending platform.
- Along with hosting SBAC Now pitch sessions where aspiring
entrepreneurs and mid-sized businesses in growth mode showcase their
businesses, this platform will assist small business owners and
entrepreneurs explore available options for funding their businesses.
- SBAC Now creates an easy to use platform that allows business owners
and entrepreneurs to explore different avenues for funding and to
contact several lenders at one time.
- SBAC Now features a funding platform that provides SBAC members with
potential sources of financing through member banks and alternative
- SBAC Now will also highlight various individuals that can provide insight and guidance to individuals that seek funding.
- Head over to www.SBACNow.com to learn more!
Reserve your booth and join over 100 vendors at our October 30 The Business Event
- For the fourth year in a row, the SBAC and Jewish B2B team up to empower and connect small businesses!
- This year’s event will be held at Block Thirty-Seven in the heart of Chicago’s downtown, from 10 a.m. to 3 p.m.
- The Business Event provides a fantastic forum to introduce your business, make valuable connections, learn and grow as a community.
- Join our over 100 vendors, thousands of business networkers and prominent workshop presenters that will be participating at this amazing and FREE event.
- Click here to register and reserve your booth!