ChildServ is a highly experienced multidisciplinary child and family services network that reaches children and families facing adversity in the Illinois counties of Cook, Lake and DuPage. They focus on providing in-depth community-based programs to underserved children and their families, foster parents or other caregivers.
Comprehensive, individually tailored programs deliver immediate intervention, protection or shelter when needed, and provide longer-term guidance and support to help children grow into healthy and thriving adults. Founded in 1894, the organization continues to work with families, communities and legislators on child advocacy issues. ChildServ helps bring about change that helps children to build, achieve and sustain better lives.
SERVICE TO THE COMMUNITY
* ChildServ programs and services reach 3,100 children and families each year.
* ChildServ’s wide range of programs includes foster care and adoption, group homes, child care, early childhood education, and parenting support enhanced by healthy lifestyle information and college / career readiness support
* ChildServ’s GrandFamily Support program serves 265 grandparents and 506 children.
Their Mission – “To Help Chicagoland’s At-Risk Children and Their Families Build, Achieve and Sustain Better Lives.”
They believe strong families and communities are keys to a child’s success in life. Their mission shall be accomplished by providing leadership and programming that will…
* Educate children, families and communities to overcome the challenges encountered by children and youth
* Prevent conditions in which children, youth, and families are placed at-risk
* Intervene early in crisis situations by providing children with a path to a nurturing, permanent home
* Advocate on behalf of children and families with elected representatives and the general public on issues that affect the stability of children and their families
They are proud to be an organization with a long term vision for children. ChildServ’s success stems from its capacity to deliver effective innovative services to children.
Check out their website at: http://www.childserv.org/