Do you have questions about workers' comp? Our Moraine Valley lunch can help!
This month’s Moraine Valley lunch will be held on Tuesday, March 18th, from 10:30am to 1pm. This event requires pre-registration because we use a caterer. Pre-registering costs $16 in advance $30 at the door. Pre-registration will close at 1pm the day before the event. Click here to register.
Moraine Valley Community College is located at 9000 W College Parkway in Palos Hills. This lunch will be held in Building M, Moraine Room 3.
The SBAC, Moraine Valley College and area business associations including small business owners will provide an educational discussion including networking and a luncheon. This month’s speaker will be David Kolb, and the topic will be: “How the Illinois Workers Comp PPP Can Impact Your Absence Management”.
Are you ready to learn about comprehensive customized solutions that can lower your workersâ€™ compensation costs, improve employee health, and increase productivity for your entire workforce.
Do you have questions like?
- How does the workers’ compensation law define an employee?
- How does the Department of Industrial Accidents classify an independent contractor and must they be covered under a workers’ compensation policy?
- How is “subcontractor” defined? Is there a simple rule of thumb for deciding who is a subcontractor?
- What are the penalties for an employer who does not have workers’ compensation insurance?
- As an employer, what is my responsibility in reporting injuries?
- Do I have to pay an injured worker for the entire day if they have to leave work due to an accident?
- I am starting a business and need workers’ compensation insurance. What do I do?
- What should I be paying for insurance?
- I am the owner of a very small business, with only a few employees. Do I need workers’ compensation insurance?
- As an employer, what rights do I have during the claim process?
If you’re not networking, your competition thanks you!
Again, don’t forget to pre-register here for $16!