Boost Your Heart Health
By: Jean LaVallie, Health With Jean
1. Get active and stay active; take 30 minutes five times a week or more to get some wonderful exercise. Set a healthy heart-rate target and enjoy the movement!
2. Veggies! They are so good for your heart. Donâ€™t be a stranger to the produce section of your local market.
3. Drink plenty of water. The body dehydrates quickly, often before we even feel thirsty.
4. Keep your cholesterol, blood pressure and blood sugar levels in check with regular screenings.
5. Control your cholesterol by eating very little processed sugars and starches. Need something sweet? Two servings of whole fruit each day can satisfy that in a healthy way.
6. Get a good nightâ€™s sleep. Instead of staying up to watch the Late Show, go hit the sack. If you are struggling to get a healthy amount of sleep, see a doctor for some help. Your heart will thank you.
7. If you smoke, stop; itâ€™s the best thing you can do for your heart.
8. Stop stress in its tracks by making time for activities that you find relaxing. Exercise also helps with stress (see list item #1 above).
9. Talk to your health care provider about your heart disease risk facts at your next checkup.
10. Supplement your diet with Omega-3 fatty acids, and Coenzyme Q10 as these ensure an adequate supply of energy and nutrition for your bodyâ€™s most important muscle â€“ your heart.
Jean LaVallie is a Wellness Coordinator and independent distributor for Synergy Worldwide, a mother of four grown children, and loves to help others live a healthier life. She is creating a network of Alternative Health professionals in the Chicago area: Cardiovascular Wellness Chicago. This network of doctors and health practitioners will have a component of cardiovascular disease prevention, education and screenings. Contact Jean directly at email@example.com.