LLC Legislation stalled in House Committee; Call your Legislator Today
- After passing the Illinois Senate unanimously with strong bipartisan support, Senate Bill (SB) 2776, which lowers LLC filing fees from $500 to $39, is stalled in the Illinois House Revenue Committee
- Lowering Illinois’ excessively high LLC filing fee encourages economic growth and will combat the perception that Illinois is a difficult place to own and operate a small business
- The legislators controlling the General Assembly may include reducing the LLC filing fee in a comprehensive budget package at the end of session, though there is no guarantee this will be included
- We need your help! Click here to contact your state representative today asking for the bill to be called in committee for a simple up or down vote
Warmer weather means it’s time for our Rooftop Summer Soiree!
- Mix and mingle at our Third Annual Summer Soiree where you can enjoy exquisite sparkling Rose wines produced in the French Riviera, unique spirits, delicious food and fabulous prizes including a bottle of the world’s most unique and rare champagne, Armand de Brignac
- Enjoy gorgeous city views and Navy Pier fireworks
- Special thanks to our host Blake Berish with Mid-America Building Maintenance and our Gold Sponsor, James Elvord with RBC Wealth Management.
- Click here for more details including sponsorship opportunities and ticket reservations
- Also save the date for our 5th Annual Golf Outing at Ravinia Green on August 4! Click here for more details, registration and sponsorship opportunities.
SBAC Committees and Communities offer members more engagement opportunities
- Are you aware of the many SBAC Committees and Communities the SBAC
offers to provide more opportunities for our members to work together on
specific issues and to connect and share resources within focused
- Check out our Committees page (About Us > Committees)
to learn more about our Membership, Community Outreach, Communications,
Policy, Veterans, Wellness and Women in Business Committees
- Head over to our Communities page (About Us > Communities)
to learn more about our industry-based communities including Commercial
Real Estate, Construction, Non-Profit and Lawyers Communities, with
more to come!
- For more information, contact Stephanie Nommensen at firstname.lastname@example.org