SBAC Advocacy Update: Graduated Income Tax Town Hall to be held in Skokie
The second in a series of Town Halls regarding the proposed graduated income tax will take place Thursday, October 3rd, between 9:00-11:00 A.M, in conjunction with the Skokie Chamber of Commerce. Our members will discuss the proposed amendment with state legislators and officials before this important vote arrives at the ballot.
The town hall will be at the Skokie Public Library – 5215 Oakton St, Skokie, IL 60077. This town hall is free to attend and will be conducted in a nonpartisan manner.
Some of the questions we have heard from our members include:
• How will the revenue associated with the proposed graduated income tax be spent?
• Will there be property tax relief provided in conjunction with a proposed graduated income tax?
• How will the graduated income tax help stabilize Illinois’ economy?
Our panel will include:
- Director of Revenue David Harris
- Senator Ram Villivalam
- Representative Mark Kalish
- Senator Laura Fine
For more details and registration, please access this link: