SBAC Advocacy Update: Graduated Income Tax Town Hall to be held in Orland Park
The first in a series of town halls regarding the proposed graduated income tax will take place Tuesday, September 17th, between 9:00-11:00 A.M, in conjunction with the Orland Park Chamber of Commerce. Our members will discuss the proposed amendment with state legislators and officials before this important vote arrives at the ballot.
The town hall will be at the Orland Park Civic Center, 14750 Ravine Avenue in Orland Park. This town hall is free to attend and will be conducted in a nonpartisan manner.
Some of the questions we have heard from our members include:
• How will the revenue associated with the proposed graduated income tax be spent?
• Will there be property tax relief provided in conjunction with a proposed graduated income tax?
• How will the graduated income tax help stabilize Illinois’ economy?
Our panel will include:
- Illinois Department of Revenue Director Davis Harris
- Senator Bill Cunningham
- Representative Justin Slaughter
- Senator Michael Hastings
For more details and registration, please access this link: https://sbac.z2systems.com/np/clients/sbac/event.jsp?event=45989