District advocates help build the SBAC’s advocacy base by creating and sustaining an ongoing working relationship with government officials. By forming permanent relationships with our government officials, we can more successfully address the political issues that impact this community at the local, state and federal levels.
The SBAC will assist these efforts by providing guidance and support via monthly newsletters, requests for action, talking points, marketing materials and trainings.
- Create and sustain relationship with local state representative and senator
- Build support for policy initiatives of the SBAC
- Have direct communication with elected officials including one in-person meeting during session
- Respond to a high percentage of SBAC requests for action and support activities through social media
- Attend policy committee meetings
- Ability to help advance small business advocacy initiatives
- Access to government officials and business leaders across the Chicagoland area
- Opportunity to expand your networking circle
- Ability to represent the SBAC at events
- Ability to testify before the General Assembly on small business issues
For any questions, please contact Blanca Campos.