1K Strong, 1K Loud Membership Drive Update:
52 new members since our membership drive started!
SBAC to Testify on Governor’s Legislation to Lower LLC Filing Fees
- The SBAC and our Coalition members have been working to pass legislation that would lower all LLC fees
- After a great deal of education and outreach to our local legislators and the Governorâ€™s office from all of our members in support of reducing these fees, we are excited to announce that the Governor proposed lowering SBAC filing fees from $500 to $39 and series LLC fees from $750 to $59 in his State of the State Address last week
- A committee hearing on the bill will be held in the Senate this Wednesday and we will be in Springfield to testify. With strong momentum and our robust coalition, we believe that this legislation has a good chance of being passed into law.
- This important issue was not on the political radar until our members and coalition partners took it on. Thank you for your support!
Celebrate Small Business Game Changers March 6 with SBAC,
MB Financial Bank and Land of Lincoln Health
Celebrate small business game changers at MB Financial Bank in Chicago’s Greektown neighborhood on March 6 from 6-8 p.m. as the SBAC launches its new co-branded MB Platinum MasterCardÂ® Business Card with MB Financial Bank, and the innovative Health Insurance Private Exchange with Land of Lincoln Health.
- In addition to an amazing networking experience, this complimentary event will feature an array of delicious appetizers, Baderbrau Beer, and more!
- Head over to the calendar or click here to reserve your free ticket today!
Take Advantage of SBAC Office Sharing Program
- The SBACâ€™s Office Sharing program offers our members the ability to access office space throughout the Chicagoland area.
- This service is free to members and only requires that you contact the SBAC so that we can check on availability and reserve one of the office spaces listed below for you.
- Special thanks to our members who have recently made their offices and conference rooms available to other SBAC members for meetings and appointments including Regus (30+ office locations throughout the city and suburbs), Freshly Baked Communications in Crystal Lake, Veragae in Glynn Ellen, XClutel Communications in Westchester and Take Me to gCloud in Chicago.
- Head over to our web site to see all available office space: Member Benefits > Office Sharing https://www.smallbusinessadvocacycouncil.org/office-space-listings
- To reserve space, or add your office space to the program, please contact Jake Zine, Membership Coordinator, at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Join the SBAC and Jewish B2B February 26 for our Business Leaders Delegation Trip to Springfield
- Continue the discussion with our state legislators on lowering LLC fees and economic development for the state, along with other issues
that impact your small business
- Our one-day trip will include meetings with Department Chairs and State House and Senate leadership. Click here to see the day’s schedule.
- Trip fee is $80, which includes the bus trip to Springfield and a dinner reception with two pickup/drop-off spots in Skokie and Chicago. Click here to purchase your ticket.