1K Strong, 1K Loud Membership Drive Update:
66 new members since our membership drive started!
SBAC-Inspired Legislation Lowering LLC Filing Fees Unanimously Passes Senate Committee
- The SBAC and our Coalition members have been working to pass legislation that would lower all LLC fees
- After a great deal of education and outreach to our local legislators and the Governorâ€™s office from all of our members in support of reducing these fees, the Governor introduced legislation inspired by the SBAC to lower LLC filing fees from $500 to $39 and series LLC fees from $750 to $59.
- A Senate committee hearing on the bill was held last week and SBAC CEO Elliot Richardson testified. The committee passed the bill unanimously and it now moves to the Senate for a full vote.
- This important issue was not on the political radar until our members and coalition partners took it on. Thank you for your continued support!
Member Benefits, Programs and Advocacy Initiatives Focus of New Member Orientation March 10
- Take advantage of our New Member Orientation Lunch to learn about benefits, programs and advocacy outreach the SBAC offers to you as a member on Monday, March 10 from 11:30 a.m. to 1 p.m. at Hackney’s, located at 1514 E. Lake Avenue in Glenview
- Our Membership Chair Melissa Ryzy, will lead the member orientation overview and our CEO, Elliot Richardson, will welcome the group.
- RSVP is required for this event, head over to our Events Calendar or click here to register
Cut Your Overhead Costs with SBAC Strategic Partners
- The SBAC features 50 Strategic Partners offering discounted products and services to our members
- Discounts include legal services such as court reporting and document scanning/copying, technology services, marketing and office products, just to name a few
- Save money while supporting the SBAC and our members. Head over to our web site to see participating businesses and start shopping! (See Member Benefits > Strategic Partners): https://www.smallbusinessadvocacycouncil.org/strategic-partnerships