SBAC Candidate Survey Update
- An SBAC issues survey has been distributed to all the candidates running for state elected office asking whether they will not only support, but attempt to sway their leadership, to move on issues important to the small business community.
- With election day around the corner, we want to acknowledge candidates who actually are pro-small business and will go on the record supporting issues important to our community. Thus far, we have received 15 surveys.
- Action Call: Letâ€™s give small business a voice by encouraging candidates to fill out the survey. Click here for cover letter and survey. To find out who your elected official is, Click here.
SBAC meets with National Small Business Association (NSBA) leadership in Chicago
- The movement to empower the small business community continues to grow. The SBAC had a successful meeting with NSBA leaders at their annual conference this week.
- The NSBA is a national, non-partisan, small business association with over 65,000 members throughout the country.
- We were invited to their reception and board meeting to discuss our advocacy efforts in Illinois. Specifically, we discussed our intrastate crowdfunding initiative and the need to create a platform for small businesses to access capital.
- The SBAC received a mention for our work on behalf of small business on their newsletter. Click here for article. We look forward to collaborating in improving the economic environment for small business throughout the nation.
Donâ€™t miss SBACâ€™s Highwood Night on October 16th
- This night will be filled with great people and lots of laughs
- We are doing drinks, dinner and a comedy show at three of our membersâ€™ restaurants in Highwood
- Event runs from 6 to 10:30pm
- An online RSVP is required. Please check the calendar or reach out to Stephanie with any questions.
The SBAC is taking part in the Chicago City Treasurerâ€™s Small Business Entrepreneur Expo, as well as the National Association of Women Business Owners of Chicagoâ€™s THRIVE Expo. We welcome any members that would like to stop by our tables at each expo and represent the SBAC. The information for each expo is as follows:
Small Business Entrepreneur Expo:
- October 3, 2014
- 8:30 am â€“ 3:30 pm
- UIC Forum (Halsted and Roosevelt)
- October 6, 2014
- 8 am â€“ 6 pm
- The Drake Hotel
- Please join us for an incredible event that is being donated by TriBeCa Flashpoint Academy in Chicago. A Chicago institution and Owned by Robert De Niro, TriBeCa is the premiere place for film and social media.
- This free workshop “making the most of email marketing” donated to Sbac Members is free and is from 6-8pm on October 8th. Register online today as space is limited. (Add this link: http://sbaced.com/content/making-most-email-marketing)
- We also encourage you to bring your staff to this great event!