Land Of Lincoln Insurance Update:
- Land of Lincoln is seeking approval for a special SBAC insurance plan that was designed by SBAC brokers. There will be other innovative plans through Land of Lincoln. Look for more information over the next several weeks.
- When the SBAC was formed, its leadership vowed that the organization would fight to make health insurance affordable for small businesses and entrepreneurs. We have done that for the past four years. We were instrumental in passing legislation that permits a health insurance cooperative to be formed in Illinois. This cooperative is an insurance company owned its members and operated by their advocates. Illinoisâ€™ cooperative is Land of Lincoln.
- The SBAC Policy team led by Elliot and Blanca put a survey and is currently distributing and collecting the survey asking candidates running for elected office whether they will not only support, but attempt to sway their leadership, to move on issues important to the small business community.
- The survey addresses the special tax breaks awarded to companies threatening to leave the state, LLC fees and intrastate crowdfunding.
- We believe It is time to put candidates running for office on the record.
SBAC Non Profit Panel Discussion Luncheon:
- Date and Time: Tue, 09/16/2014 – 11:30am – 1:30pm
- Location: Wildfire- 159 W Erie St, Chicago, IL 60654
- The SBAC has formed a non-profit community comprised of a variety of organizations doing incredibly important work throughout Illinois. Join leaders in the non-profit space and SBAC Executive Director Mike Cavanaugh as they discuss fundraising, sales and all the dynamics around â€œmaking the ask.â€
- Panelists include:- Fran Geraci- Business & Corporate Relations Coordinator at Kenneth Young Center – Mike Cavanaugh- the President and Executive Director at the SBAC- Perry Tatooles- VP of Strategic Partnership at TransNational BankcardModerated by:- Sharyl Ross- Director at SS&G and board member of libenu- April Redzic- Director of Marketing and Communications at ChildServ
- Click here to register!
The Business Event:
- For the fourth year in a row, the SBAC and Jewish B2B team up to empower and connect small businesses!
- This year’s event will be held at Block Thirty-Seven in the heart of Chicago’s downtown, from 10 a.m. to 3 p.m.
- The Business Event provides a fantastic forum to introduce your business, make valuable connections, learn and grow as a community.
- Join our over 100 vendors, thousands of business networkers and prominent workshop presenters that will be participating at this amazing and FREE event.
- Click here to register and reserve your booth!