Co-Branded Credit Card Launched ~ Senator Morrison Co-Sponsors LLC Legislation ~ Small Business Accelerator ~ Small Business Boot Camp ~ Holiday Campaign ~ Holiday Parties ~ Upcoming Events
Mission of the SBAC
The SBAC is a non-partisan, member driven organization that promotes the success of small business through political advocacy, creating valuable connections and facilitating business relationships, cost-savings programs (including Office Depot program, office sharing, and strategic sponsorships offering members discounted services and products) and educational services.
- We believe that the success of small business is a critical component of the nationâ€™s economic well-being
- We believe that in order to ensure a fair and level playing field, small business must have a powerful and united advocacy voice at the local, state and federal level
- We believe that through cooperative networking, idea sharing and education, small business can flourish
SBAC Launches Co-Branded Business Credit Card with MB Financial
We are excited to announce that the SBAC and MB Financial Bank have partnered to bring SBAC members a small business credit card that offers the same consumer protections available on personal cards with the more robust online account management business people need. The MB Platinum MasterCardÂ® Business Card includes the following protections:
â€¢ Provides a 45-day notice period before any change in terms, rates or fees
â€¢ Has uniform credit card payment due dates every month
â€¢ Will apply any rate increases only to new purchases made after any rate
change becomes effective
â€¢ There will be no rate increases for the first twelve months after account
Head over to Member Benefits > SBAC/MB Credit Card on the SBAC web site to learn more and apply today!
Senator Morrison Signs on as Chief Co-Sponsor of LLC Legislation
As the SBAC gains traction with 31 chambers and business groups across the state joining our coalition to lower LLC fees, we are excited to announce that Senator Julie Morrison (D-Deerfield) joins Senator Heather Steans (D-Chicago) as the Chief Co-Sponsor of Senate Bill 2593 which reduces fees for limited liability companies filing documents with the Secretary of State.
Want your legislator to support lowering LLC fees? Take just a minute or two and click on the red “Make Your Voice Heard” button at the top of the SBAC web site to reach out to your legislators today.
SBAC Participates in November 14 Small Business Accelerator
Senator Heather Steans will be hosting a Small Business Accelerator on
Thursday, November 14, from 8 a.m. to noon at Loyola University, Damen
Student Center-2nd Floor, at 6511 N. Sheridan Road in Chicago. In
addition to bringing together a variety of agencies and programs that
support small business, clinics on topics ranging from marketing your
business to identifying cost-free small business resources will be
offered to assist new and existing businesses. SBAC CEO, Elliot
Richardson, will be leading a discussion on advocacy for small business.
Please direct any questions to Senator Steans’ office at 773-769-1717.
SBAC Hosts Free Small Business Boot Camp December 13
Join the SBAC and Sam’s Club for our Grow Your Business Boot Camp on Friday, December 13 from 8 a.m. to noon at the Lutheran Center Conference Center, located at 8765 W. Higgins Road, in Chicago. In addition to a continental breakfast and light lunch, this free boot camp will offer two different tracks from which you may select: Access to Capital and Building your Business. Special guests include Letty Velez with Chicago Mini-Bus and our keynote speaker Ron Suber, with Prosper Marketplace. Click here for additional information about workshops and speakers. RSVP to Amy Masters at email@example.com.
Save Money on Gifts this Season with the SBAC Holiday Campaign!
The SBAC is launching our first ever Holiday Campaign featuring discounted products and services from our SBAC businesses that are perfect for your gift-giving needs.
Delight clients, employees, family and friends this holiday season, while saving money and supporting the SBAC and our members. Head over to our Member Benefits section (Holiday Campaign) on ourweb site to see participating businesses and start shopping! Any questions, or if you would like to join the Holiday Campaign, please contact Amy Masters at firstname.lastname@example.org.
SBAC Holiday Parties
Make sure to save the dates for these upcoming SBAC Holiday Parties that are sure to dazzle with amazing venues, great business connections and fantastic appetizers and cocktails!
- December 12: Multi-Chapter Holiday Party at the Hyatt Lodge in Oak Brook from 5:30 to 7:30 p.m. Special thanks to our Western Suburbs Chapter Executive Board for sponsoring this event.
- December 19: Chicago Holiday Party at Layer One Media in Chicago from 6 to 8 p.m. Special thanks to our host, Brody Buss with Layer One Media, and our sponsor Heidi Newman with Golan’s Moving.
Upcoming Events you wonâ€™t want to miss! (www.sbacil.org/calendar)
- November 12: New Date! Moraine Valley Community College lunch at Palos Hills from 10:30 a.m. to 1 p.m.
- November 12: Northwest Suburbs Happy Hour at Kenneth Young Center in Elk Grove Village from 5:30 to 7:30 p.m.
- November 13: New Venue! Downtown Lunch at the Rock Bottom Brewery in Chicago from 12 to 1 pm
- November 14: New Region! Hyde Park Happy Hour at Hyatt Place Chicago-South/UniveristyMedical Center in Chicago from 6 to 8 pm
- November 21: Chicago Happy Hour sponsored by our Young Professionals at Beauty and Brawn Art Gallery and Think Space, in Chicago’s Logan Square neighborhood from 6 to 8 p.m. Libenu, will be the featured non-profit organization. Special thanks to Lindsey Meyers for hosting this event!
- December 9: New Member Orientation at The Parthenon in Chicago from 11 a.m. to 1 p.m. Special thanks to Geoff Kasselman with Op2mize for sponsoring!