Co-Branded Credit Card Launched ~ Small Business Boot Camp ~
Wellness Wednesdays on Facebook ~ Lake County Lunch ‘n Learns ~ Holiday Campaign ~ Upcoming Events
Mission of the SBAC
The SBAC is a non-partisan, member driven organization that promotes the success of small business through political advocacy, creating valuable connections and facilitating business relationships, cost-savings programs (including Office Depot program, office sharing, and strategic sponsorships offering members discounted services and products) and educational services.
- We believe that the success of small business is a critical component of the nationâ€™s economic well-being
- We believe that in order to ensure a fair and level playing field,
small business must have a powerful and united advocacy voice at the
local, state and federal level
- We believe that through cooperative networking, idea sharing and education, small business can flourish
SBAC Launches Co-Branded Business Credit Card with MB Financial
We are excited to announce that the SBAC and MB Financial Bank have partnered to bring SBAC members a small business credit card that offers the same consumer protections available on personal cards with the more robust online account management business people need. The MB Platinum MasterCardÂ® Business Card includes the following protections:
â€¢ Provides a 45-day notice period before any change in terms, rates or fees
â€¢ Has uniform credit card payment due dates every month
â€¢ Will apply any rate increases only to new purchases made after any rate
change becomes effective
â€¢ There will be no rate increases for the first twelve months after account
Head over to Member Benefits > SBAC/MB Credit Card on the SBAC web site to learn more and apply today!
SBAC Hosts Free Small Business Boot Camp December 13
Join the SBAC and Sam’s Club for our Grow Your Business Boot Camp on Friday, December 13 from 8 a.m. to noon at the Lutheran Center Conference Center, located at 8765 W. Higgins Road, in Chicago. The free boot camp will offer two different tracks, along with a continental breakfast, from which participants may attend three workshops from one of the following tracks: Access to Capital and Building your Business.
Special guest speakers include Letty Velez with Chicago Mini-Bus and our keynote speaker Ron Suber, with Prosper Marketplace. Click here for additional information about workshops and speakers. RSVP required (email Amy Masters at firstname.lastname@example.org)!
Lake County Chapter Hosts
Quarterly Lunch and Learns Starting this November
Join the SBAC Lake County Chapter on Tuesday, November 26 from 11:30 a.m. to 1 p.m. for the first quarterly educational event lunch and learn at the state-of-the-art University Center of Lake County/Grayslake. The educational focus this month is on Key Performance Indicators presented by Bonnie Richtman from Peak Performance/Action Coach. This lunch will include time to network, learn from a short presentation, ask questions and enjoy lunch. RSVP required (click here to reserve your spot)!
Wellness Committee Launches Wellness Wednesdays
Our SBAC Wellness Committee is kicking off another fantastic initiative to educate our members on the importance of health and wellness in our personal and professional lives. Look for our “Wellness Wednesday” posts on our SBAC Facebook page that offer you great tips and advice on a variety of wellness issues! Each post will be designated with the committee’s new SBAC Wellness Committee logo. A big thanks to our Wellness Committee, led by Danielle Girdano with D’Fine Sculpting & Nutrition, for their continued commitment and support to keeping the SBAC and our members healthy and productive!
Save Money on Gifts this Season with the SBAC Holiday Campaign!
The SBAC is launching our first ever Holiday Campaign featuring discounted products and services from our SBAC businesses that are perfect for your gift-giving needs.
Delight clients, employees, family and friends this holiday season, while saving money and supporting the SBAC and our members. Head over to our Member Benefits section (Holiday Campaign)on ourweb site to see participating businesses and start shopping! Any questions, or if you would like to join the Holiday Campaign, please contact Amy Masters at email@example.com.
Upcoming Events you wonâ€™t want to miss! (www.sbacil.org/calendar)
- November 21: Chicago Happy Hour sponsored by our Young Professionals at Beauty and Brawn Art Gallery and Think Space, in Chicago’s Logan Square neighborhood from 6 to 8 p.m. Libenu, will be the featured non-profit organization. Special thanks to Lindsey Meyers with Beauty and Brawn for hosting this event!
- November 21: Daily Herald Newsmakers Business Outlook Forum in Rolling Meadows from 11 a.m. to 1:30 p.m.
SBAC CEO Elliot Richardson to be featured speaker! SBAC members use PromoCode VIP for 40% discount!
- November 26: New Venue! SBAC Rockford Area Lunch at Giovanni’s in Rockford from 11:30 a.m. to 1 p.m.
- December 4: Women in Business Happy Hour at Trader Todd’s in Chicago from 5:30 to 7:30 p.m.
Special thanks to Kathi Toll with Expert on Time for sponsoring!
- December 9: New Member Orientation at The Parthenon in Chicago from 11 a.m. to 1 p.m. Special thanks to Geoff Kasselman with Op2mize for sponsoring!
- December 12: Multi-Chapter Suburbs Holiday Party at Oak Brook Hyatt at McDonald’s Campus from 5:30 to 7:30 p.m.
Special thanks to our Western Suburbs Executive Board for sponsoring!
- December 19: Chicago Holiday Party and Toy Drive sponsored by our Young Professionals Board at Layer One Media in Chicago from 6 to 8 p.m.
Special thanks to our host Brody Buss with Layer One Media and sponsor Heidi Newman with Golan’s Moving and Storage!
Bring a toy to donate to child residing at A Safe Haven, age newborn to 15 and take $10 off your ticket price!