About the Coalition
This is a collaborative project. The SBAC has formed substantial partnerships to achieve the project goals and objectives. These partnerships are focused on engaging stakeholders to collectively advocate for policies and initiatives which can empower, revitalize, and connect commercial corridors.
The following partners are currently involved:
- Build Strong Millennials
- Cook County Black Chamber of Commerce
- Greater Englewood Chamber of Commerce
- Logan Square Chamber of Commerce
- New Covenant Community Development Corporation
- South East Chicago Commission
- South Shore Chamber of Commerce
- Uptown United/Uptown Chamber of Commerce
This diverse group of partners will provide the project with significant institutional knowledge and broad reach across struggling and disadvantaged commercial corridors. The inclusion of the Uptown Chamber of Commerce ensures the project procures insight and collaboration with commercial corridors on the north side of Chicago. Additional partnerships will be formed throughout Chicago and Cook County. Any additional will be executed only with partners serving struggling commercial corridors in disadvantaged communities.