Welcome to the SBAC Women in Business Community
The SBAC Women In Business is a community within the SBAC geared primarily to women business owners. Our goal is to promote equality, and community, supporting one another in generating business growth and small business advocacy. We offer educational and networking events and a supportive camaraderie of our engaged group of SBAC women.
To be a member of Women In Business, you must first join the SBAC.
SBAC Women in Business Committee
Originally formed to provide a forum for women in business to network and address the challenges women face in the workplace, we have evolved to our current seven-fold mission:
- Advocacy – promote exposure, understanding and participation in opportunities relating to the advocacy work done by the SBAC.
- Community – provide an inclusive women’s community for female members of the SBAC.
- Equality – foster diversity and inclusion and provide ongoing education to fight racial injustice.
- Education – provide valuable and relevant educational opportunities for SBAC women.
- Networking – provide networking opportunities to generate business growth for SBAC women.
- Mentorship – provide mentorship opportunities for women in the SBAC.
- Membership – welcome and grow female SBAC membership.
The SBAC Women In Business Committee is committed to fostering equality, diversity and inclusion in our small business community as well as introducing IL women legislators to our group so we can learn firsthand how they’re advocating for small business.
Our theme for the current year is Reflect. Reset. Reconnect 2021.
Women in Business Resources for Small Business
The WIB meet at various locations in Chicagoland for networking brunches, educational lunches and after-hours events. We’ve been fortunate to have wonderful speakers and engaged panelists.
While the past year moved our meetings and events online to Zoom, we are looking forward to in-person events as early as July 2021.
Want to be a Presenter at a WIB Event?
Fill out this form to submit your topic -->