The SBAC is laser-focused on advocating for the Small Business Community and moving policies that will help small businesses make it through the pandemic.
The SBAC is advocating for federal policies that will help the small business community through this pandemic.
- The SBAC is fighting to make forgivable PPP loans deductible pursuant to the intent of Congress.
- The SBAC is advocating for the passage of the Restart Act so that small businesses can make it through the pandemic.
- The SBAC is working to ensure property owners are provided relief through the next stimulus package.
- The SBAC is working to ensure that local chambers of commerce are not once again excluded from future stimulus.
- The SBAC is zealously pushing Congress to act now before more businesses fail or more jobs are lost.
The SBAC is advocating in the state of Illinois to assist the business community with the following initiatives.
- Fighting to pass legislation that will provide small businesses a tax credit for retraining and hiring individuals who have lost their jobs or businesses because of the pandemic. Learn more about the R.I.S.E. Act (Recovery Initiative to Support Employment Act)
- Advocating for a sales tax deferral to help small businesses through this pandemic.
- Pushing minority contracting reforms so that African-American businesses are provided their fair share.
- Advocating for occupational licensing reform to provide better opportunities for people to begin a new profession.
City of Chicago
The SBAC is also fighting for small businesses in the City of Chicago with our current Chicago Action Plan.
- Establishing brick-and-mortar financial institutions in disadvantages communities.
- Eliminating City Council approval for public way use sign permits
- Easing restrictions on home-based businesses.
- Eliminating unnecessary administrative hearings.