BIG LEGISLATION FOR SMALL BUSINESSES
President Biden has signed The American Rescue Plan Act (H.R 1319) into law. Accordingly, the State of Illinois is expected to receive $7.549 billion in funds to foster recovery from the COVID-19 pandemic.
A robust coalition of small business advocates are asking that Governor Pritzker and lawmakers allocate 25% of those relief funds to help small and local businesses recover from the pandemic. The Illinois small business community has been devastated by the COVID-19 pandemic.
We strongly urge Governor Pritzker and Illinois lawmakers to:
- Provide $10,000 grants to small businesses (50 or less employees) with revenue of $100,000 that can demonstrate a 25% reduction in gross revenue between 2019 and 2020. Businesses in disadvantaged communities will receive an additional $2,500 in funding.
- Offer small businesses whose revenue did not exceed $100,000 in 2019 with grants totaling 10% of the revenue loss the business sustained between 2019 and 2020. Businesses in disadvantaged communities will receive an additional 2.5% of lost revenue.
- Provide $2,500 grants to eligible small businesses which launched in the 3rd and 4th quarter of 2019 and as such, are not able to demonstrate the requisite loss in revenue from 2019 to 2020. Businesses in disadvantaged communities will receive an additional $500 in funding.
- These businesses must meet three out of the following criteria before March of 2020:
- A website or social media presence
- Office space
- Have a business banking account
- $10,000 in revenue
- At least one full time Employee
We urge Governor Pritzker and Illinois lawmakers to ensure that businesses that did not receive prior BIG grants have priority over those which did receive said grants. PPP loans and other such revenue should not be counted as revenue in determining the eligibility of businesses.
Casino Night! | SBAC Empower
DONATE What an Incredible Night! Friday, May 19th, 2023 marks SBAC Empower’s First EVER fundraiser. And boy was it a resounding success! We had an incredible turnout, and we are appreciative of all who came and joined us that evening! The staff here at Empower (as well as our sister organization, the SBAC) all were…
Procurement Bidding Reform Passes both the Illinois House and Senate!
Read S.B. 2192 SB 2192 FACT SHEET Increasing Access to Government Contracts for Small, Minority, and Women-Owned Businesses SB 2192 View the Press Release on SB 2192 The SBAC is excited to announce legislation that will increase access to government contracts for small, minority, and women-owned businesses has passed both the Illinois House and Senate!…
Reduce Recidivism and Grow the Workforce
HB 3418 FACT SHEET HB 3418 Hoja de Hechos Read H.B. 3418 Labor shortage requires unconventional hiring… Expand JPMorgan says labor shortage requires unconventional hiring, including people with criminal records PUBLISHED THU, MAR 10 20224:53 PM EST How hiring individuals with criminal records can benefit workforce… Expand How hiring individuals with criminal records can benefit…