Apply for the Cook County Small Business Source Grow Grant Program!
The SBAC advocates for the small business community in numerous ways, including by disseminating important information about programs that will support small businesses. The Cook County Small Business Source Grow Grant program will provide grants to certain small businesses still struggling to recover from the pandemic.
This $25.5 million program will give $10,000 grants, as well as advising and coaching sessions, to eligible small businesses in Cook County.
Small Businesses looking to apply must meet the following criteria:
- Be located in Cook County, Illinois
- Have less than 20 employees
- Have operated and conducted business before March 2020
- Have experienced a decrease in revenue or gross receipts, increased costs, or greater financial insecurity due to COVID
Priority will be given to the following groups of small businesses
- Microbusinesses with under 10 employees
- Businesses located in suburban Cook County
- Businesses in the hardest hit sectors: Accommodation, Hospitality, & Food, Arts & Entertainment, Childcare & Social Assistance, Retail Trade, and Transportation & Warehousing.
- Historically excluded businesses: those owned by Black-, Latino(a)-, other people of color-, Women-, LGBQT+, Veterans-, and Persons with a Disability
Applications for the Cook County Small Business Source Grow Grant are open until October 31.
Find out more information at the Cook County website: https://cookcountysmallbiz.org/growgrant/
We are thrilled that one of our very own Mentees is the recipient of such an award! We are so proud of you Walter Mendenhall IV and wish you continued success!! #sbacempower #smallbuisness #sbacempowermentoring #MaleMogul And check out Walter’s Linked In Post: https://www.linkedin.com/feed/update/urn:li:activity:6999124047074648064 Learn more about the SBAC Empower Mentoring Program by clicking here. SPONSORS…
SBAC Empower strives to provide up to date resources to assist in your small business growth. We are proud to announce new Educational Webinars viewable at your leisure focused on helping small businesses open brick-and-mortar establishments in underserved communities. These webinars review programming that pertains to navigating the process of zoning, licensing, and leasing space…
Check out all of SBAC President Elliot Richardson’s Daily Herald Business Ledger articles below 2022 2021 2020 2022 November 13, 2022 Swift action needed to restore confidence in our government October 16, 2022 Advocating during the fall legislative session September 18, 2022 Policymakers should prioritize established and new small business August 21, 2022 Defining Small…